The Ministry of Armed Forces of Senegal and the French PIRIOU Group have signed a contract to purchase three offshore patrol vessels (OPVs) for the Senegalese navy.
The contract was signed in the presence of the President of the Republic of Senegal Macky Sall and the French ministerial delegation.
As per the contract, PIRIOU Group will launch the program in early 2020 to build these 3 patrol vessels scheduled over 44 months’ time followed by a period of support in Senegal.
The vessels will be base on Pirou’s OPV 58 design. The OPV 58 S (Offshore Patrol Vessel) is a 62m versatile, with high endurance and robust patrol vessel dedicated to missions such as surveillance and sea control perfectly answering the various missions related to law enforcement at sea. Besides its projection capabilities –commando fast boats– it is also equipped with surface-to-air weapon systems enabling first-rank deterrence.
Among innovations and major capacities, the vessel features:
• Versatile design to adapt to various missions
• Large panoramic bridge with 360° visibility
• Fast launching and recovery system for 2 fast boats on the stern ramp
• C-Sharp hull for optimized autonomy and seakeeping
• Length overall 62.2 m
• Breadth 9.5 m
• Max. draught 2.9 m
• Speed 21 knots
• Autonomy 25 days, 4 500 NM @ 12 knots
• Hull / superstructure steel / aluminium
• Accommodation 48 – 24crew members an 24 special personnel.
• Intervention: 2 fast boats on stern ramps